Friday, February 7, 2014

Did you know cloth diaper snaps can be replaced?


Did you know that cloth diaper snaps can be replaced?  Recently I had a cloth diaper snap come completely out of the fabric which made my diaper unusable.   I knew there had to be a solution that didn’t involve throwing the diaper in the trash.  So I went to youtube.com, which is a great place to learn how to do things, and found a video on how to replace the snap.  It looked easy enough so I went to Joann’s fabric and craft store and bought some snap pliers and a package of replacement snaps for about $20 (pliers were on sale).  I came home and fixed the snap in about 10 min.  It was so incredibly easy!  Sure I spent about $20 but I now have the pliers for any future repairs, about 99 more replacement snaps, and a diaper that’s as good as new!

Here is the Youtube video I used to learn how to replace a snap;  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3T8qEF8Tdg

No comments: